Tuesday, January 1, 2008

SCUD?

I'm always late to the party. I guess this has been promoted since the last Con. I stumbled onto this after watching the Sarah Silverman show and I did a Rob Schrab search. I think everyone would be interested in Schrab's page a day approach from his VLOGs.

I've embedded that one. I've made the title a link back to the whole site.



I found it interesting but mainly the cold mackeral slap across the face is, that if a guy wants to be doing comic books, he'll probably have to find a way to be doing it full time. Doug and Rob have been able to do it because they stepped off, found a way to make money that didn't require full time jobs, and can settle into a ritual that entails a ten hour day to do a finished , single page.

Explore the page and look at VLOG 4. On that one he talks with Doug about their differing but similar approaches.

I guess this is just about to hit the stands. I'll have to check it out.

3 comments:

  1. Speaking of Schrab, the Schmitzes, Romi and I all watched "Monster House" (a 2006 gift from SOE) on DVD last night. I looked ont the back of the DVD box and Schrab was a co-writer. Not sure if it's the same Schrab, but I think it probably is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh. He mentions in the vlog he worked on "Monster House." It be the same dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the same dude. Who I distinctly remember saying he hated comic books back in the mid 90s when he was selling them.download heatvision and jack sometime if you've never seen it. It was a pilot that lots of people thought was brilliant but didn't make it past the greenlight people

    ReplyDelete