Friday, April 24, 2009

Walf






Here is the Walf mini comic I mentioned. This was a story Dan and I did back in 1989 about Walf, a hamster that belonged to a roommate of ours. It was for a mini comic called Acorn Comics which was self-published for fun. Rick also contributed a story and the back cover illustration. This was very primitive, it was photo copied, cut with a small paper cutter, folded and stapled by hand.

I have posted some other Walf artwork on my blog, Acornucopia Project , as well.

5 comments:

  1. Minicomics are advanced fun. Just the tricky pagination print setup of xeroxing on 8.5 by 11 to fold in half and staple. I've bought many a mini comic. I may have bought this one. Like the sight gag of a filled to the gills Walf

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fat Walf drawing is my favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's interesting that you like the Fat Walf drawing because other people I've shown the comic to liked the tough Walf drawing better.

    Dan and I use to collect mini comics back in the late 80's and early 90's. We found a number of them through a publication, Comics F/X, that reviewed small press comics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wemember Walf! He was wonderfuw. Wasn't his favowit song,"Pwease weweese me, wet me go?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's quite possible,Jeff. But that would have been after there were heavy objects placed on top of his cage after the night he escaped.
    Actually, I would have liked to release him...outside!

    ReplyDelete