Thursday, June 29, 2006

My Project For the Next Couple Of Months. You Guys Can Help



I'm going to take my rough storyboards I did for the pitch about the Junkyard dogs and turn it into a comic book. I'll be using that Wahl technique of printing the rough blue and inking something finished. I'll give you guys some details on the dag characters and maybe some of you could take a pass on character design. The premise, it used to be a single dog, it was around the explosion that killed Pop, the junkyard owner, and the dog was rebuilt as two dogs, both with bionic parts. That may be all I should do, not share my own version. I want ideas, what goes through your heads when you think of half robot dogs. I'll post panels as I do them. Maybe on my blog instead of this one.

7 comments:

  1. Is this going to be a "one good dog-one evil dog" kind of story? Which way is the dog divided, front/back or left/right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want your vision. I may go with your thinking instead of mine. Right now I'm thinking Odd Couple type personalities. One with the robot head being very fastidious, the other DOGHEAD being a slob

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be fabulous .... the front of the dog retaining the "seat of learning and reason" and the other half just retaining "the seat..."

    heh heh... This'll be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW: Which blog would ye be postin' to in de future, me boyo ...? I looked at both and they don't seem to be robot dog friendly ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Topcat, I 'll be posting to the Moldbreaker site. I had a late night last night watching Superman. i'll get a couple of pages done this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of building two dogs from one! Working with contrasts always works! Conflict=interest!!! No other ideas. I have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The neat, emotionless dog versus the chaotic, emotional dog is great. I can see the TinHead dog having this unflappable demeanor, sort of like that house-of-the-future robot in the old Chuck jones cartoon--the one with the two mice, Hubie and Bert (I'm a geek, but a low-level one)--who, everytime the mice break something, calmly motors out of the closet and efficiently sweeps up the mess. It's something about the blithe yet inexorable forward movement, the "dispatch" he displays; also the emotionless way he "faces facts", doing no emotional reactions, (until the climax when he finally gets fed-up), just going about his business...yeah, that thing, maybe like that....

    ReplyDelete