Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Anybody want to buy my 3ds Max 8? Fresh! Un-installed!


Howdy kids,

I'm looking to sell my full version of 3ds Max 8 - 3D animation program for Windows and I was wondering if anyone was interested. It was a gift from a friend and I was waiting to install it once I updated my computer. But I never did update so now it's just sitting there fresh and unused just waiting for you or any of your friends to install it and created some time-spoiling wonders.

It hasn't been loaded, nor has it been registered. This software from just last year is worth over $3000, but I'm looking for at the very least $1100. This is a FULL VERSION, not a student version. Let me know if you or anybody you know is interested. E-mail me at s_benefiel @hotmail.com or scottbenefiel@yahoo.com. Or just scream my name. I love you all... except Jeff.

Here's some specs and reviews...

Bring 3D film effects to the big screen. Generate realistic characters for a top-selling game. Create rich and complex design visualization. Autodesk® 3ds Max® 8 3D animation, rendering and modeling software lets game developers, design visualization professionals, and visual effects artists maximize their productivity and tackle challenging animation projects.

Contents:
3ds Max 8 disc, Tutorial Guide, New Features Guide, Autodesk Certified Animation Plug-ins brochure, Quick Reference Card.

Reviews:
Studio Monthly
According to reviewer Mike Caputo: "3ds Max 8 from Autodesk brings maturity and features to this potent and popular 3D application. Improvements to the cloth, hair and fur algorithms, the inclusion of Mental Ray 3.4, satellite rendering and other new and upgraded tools make this version a must-have upgrade or an enticing reason to buy into the application for the first time."
Computer Graphics World
“3ds Max 8 is the newest version of Autodesk Media & Entertainment’s 3D modeling and animation suite and is possibly one of the most significant releases from Autodesk in quite some time. The software takes a big step in the direction of character animation with the addition of hair, cloth, and a non-linear animation module."
Video Systems
“If you are a 3ds Max user, I can already hear you pulling out the plastic for the upgrade,” said Frank McMahon writer for Video Systems, “While there are some complex animation controls, and most of the new features should make hard-core animators giddy with anticipation, for the average media artist 3ds Max 8 is fairly easy to use and fun to work in. If you are looking for a serious 3D animation tool your shop can really grow into, 3ds Max is the one to go with. …if you want incredible 3D realism with some of the best render engines in the business, lots of different ways to animate, and a program packed with features, definitely investigate the new Autodesk 3ds Max 8.”

4 comments:

  1. Scott, I don't want Max. I'll post a link to this at work and you may get bites. It's a Maya shop though. What's the word from you lately. You were working all night the other night drawing? What was that job? Comics? And Jeff says you're headed to carlsbad. Is this the John Roe company? Jeff and I want to take you to lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sell this on Ebay! I just sold something within 15 minutes of posting it for sale. 20 bucks for a catalog of Ed Big Daddy Roth stuff. If you want to trust me with it I'll sell it for you. I won't sell it unless I have control of shipping it though. I'll give you all the money it makes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellis, I tried putting it on E-Bay and they took down the posting on their own only after a couple of days. They cited that someone from Autodesk contacted them citing liscencing restrictions. There was nothing wrong with what I was doing, it was just Autodesk, a multi-MILLION dollar company, frowning on anyone re-selling their product. Great. And yes, the job is at High Moon in Carlsbad where John Rowe works. I have a face to face interview with them this Fri.! I might be re-locating soon, who knows. And I want lunch NOW!

    Tom, I'll post a new one right now.

    ReplyDelete