Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Need To Contact Disney Legal ... ;-)

Title is a link to a bit of Mike Royer.

Does anyone know how to reach responsible people in Disney's legal department. On a suggestion by George Davis (some of you might know George from the film coloring jobs some of you had ... can't remember the company's name) I emailed Mike Royer about the cookbook and even though he hasn't given me a recipe (yet), he did dig out about ten sketches he did for Winnie the Pooh stuff that had to do with food. Excellent!! What fun work he did / does!!

But to use them in the book I need Disney's permission ...

Anyone know a strategy I might employ? I hate to just knock at the front door because the problem is I might get "no" right away and I want to avoid this, especially since at least 1/2 of the book's proceeds are going to two charities ...

Ideas?

5 comments:

  1. Poke Ranjo on facebook. Maybe he can give you some data.

    ReplyDelete
  2. right ... he's back inside the Happiest Place on Earth, ain't he ...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked with George at Jostens way back when... and Ellis has an association with him as well, as I recall.

    Maybe try their PR dept... now that Disney and Marvel are becoming vast friends, perhaps they would see this as a good linkage or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I know who you're talking about Rick. but it was the old Neverhood / Shiny guys that knew him.

    Monkeytropolis tried to stay alive by pitching the idea we could reconstruct Genesis Aladdin for Gameboy.

    Good thinking on the potential linkage.

    ReplyDelete